Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I want some Christmas Cheer Doggonit

To all of those people who think dog walking is a fun job.......
Try walking a dog in December, in 20 degree weather, in Tribeca where the wind blows in every direction and freezes the snot to your face. Or how about dealing with dog owners at the dog run who allow their dog to repeatedly hump other dogs and say "They're just playing." Or you know what's really fun? When you get to give a descriptive report about a dog's poop. Or picking up said poop.
I can deal with these things. They're not so bad. The worst part is dealing with the rich people who feel they are entitled. For example, one of my clients, let's call her Chip, is a horrible person. There's not a lot of people I dislike, but I very much dislike her. Most of my clients are really awesome, and they see me as a person, as a human being. But not Chip. She sees me as "the help." Or better yet, pond scum. I'm not sure why she thinks she's better than me just because she has money. She's rich by default (aka, she married rich). From what I've observed, she doesn't do much with her life. She works out. I guess that's something. I've tried to rack my brains to figure out why she might be better than me.
1. She's thin
Well, for that matter, so am I
2. She's semi-attractive
Sorry, I think I'm cuter
3. She has a very nice set of fake boobs
I guess she beat me on that, but I have a nice set of real boobs, if I do say so myself

So far, it looks like she has no reason to think she's better than me. I also get bonus points because I have a soul. I feel that if there was a scenario like "It's a Wonderful Life" and Clarence granted her the wish to see what life would be like if she hadn't been born, this planet would be a much nicer place.
She's also a giant Scrooge. She is the only client, who is getting her dog walked on Christmas. She even checked with me today to make sure that someone was coming. You bet, someone is coming to walk your dog even though you will be home doing nothing, which is always the case with her. I think her dog is more of an accessory than a pet. Instead of going to the gym to walk on the treadmill, try walking your fucking dog. I thought by some Christmas miracle, like Scrooge, she would have a change of heart and realize she doesn't need to be a horrible person. Maybe she could be kind, and show some compassion. She didn't bother to give me a Christmas bonus, which I wasn't expecting anyways. I'm actually glad she didn't, because if she did, I would feel guilty and maybe start to believe that she has a soul.
So, as I left her house, in the freezing cold, to go get my next dog, I tried to talk myself out of my grouchy mood. I did not want to waste any of my thoughts and energy on her. So I thought about the things I should be grateful for. I have a job. My bosses and fellow employees are really nice. I don't have to work in a cubicle. Doggies are cute. And just as I was starting to feel a little better, a giant truck came out of nowhere and almost hit me. The idiot didn't even see me there. I was so pissed, I slammed the side of the truck with my hand and screamed, "You almost hit me!" I hope I shook him up, because he shook me up.
I need some frigging Christmas cheer right now. I think I'll go home, get some hot chocolate, snuggle up under the covers, watch "It's a Wonderful Life" and ball my eyes out.

No comments:

Post a Comment