Friday, December 4, 2009

Category- Normal/Interesting/Potentially crazy

With the online dating, I've started dividing the men into different categories. There's the shirtless guys, the boring/non-interesting guys, the married guys, the crazies, and the normal/interesting/ (but potentially crazy) guys.
So far, I've only had two normal/interesting people. One, is my Texan pen pal. But for all I know, he could be crazy and not even from Texas. What if he created this whole Texan persona, faked all the pictures (one, including a picture of him in camo holding a gun) as a play to get unsuspecting, naive girls to write him, feeling safe because the guy was all the way in Texas. But what if he's really in New York, using every word against me, tracking me down and waiting to murder me in my sleep and chop me into little pieces and save me in his freezer. I know it sounds a little unrealistic, but these are things a girl has to think about when dating online. You can't let your guard down.
Then, there's a normal/interesting guy that I'm actually going to meet. Well, to start, he seems cute from his pictures. I'm not a shallow girl, I'm usually attracted more to personality than anything, but one can't help but wonder that maybe these pictures don't represent him well. Maybe they are really old and he looks totally different now. Or, what if he does look like his pictures, and I am actually attracted to him. That could be a good thing right? The only problem is, he seems to like me. And when someone likes me, I always think, "What's wrong with this person?" I'm not an insecure person, but in my life of romance, it usually seems to be the case that if someone I like, likes me back, there is some sort of issue that hinders the relationship.
There are a couple of different scenarios for when I meet this person.
One: I meet him, and he's a loser.
I don't think that will happen. He seems to be very honest about who he is and what he's doing. And I've liked him so far.
Two: He could fall madly in love with me and want to marry me.
This also seems unlikely, which is good, because this is not what I want
Three: He could just want to sex me
This scenario is highly probable because, well, I'm a cute girl, and that seems to be the thing to do in New York. This is not what I'm looking for, but I'm afraid if I meet him, and I am attracted to him, I might cave. Note to self "Get a friend to call you to come meet them so you can get out of sticky situation."
Four: The last scenario, which would be ideal, is that we hit off as friends or romantically, and we go out again. I know, I know, that seems really boring, but that's okay. I'd be okay with that.

1 comment: