Saturday, November 28, 2009

Shirtless Guy1



So, I think, when dating online, people would want to represent themselves well. Most people won't even read your profile if they don't like the picture. That's why I don't understand all the shirtless douche bag pictures.


For instance, I was online the other day, when Shirtlessguy1 starts chatting with me...

"Hi"

Normally, in person, I'm very nice, I don't like to hurt people's feelings, but online, there's not as much pressure. I feel like I can just be honest. And besides, if you're going to put a shirtless picture up for your profile pic, it's just screaming, "Douche bag Alert!" But I have to admit, that I love the positioning of the picture. The originality of taking the picture in the mirror, with a cell phone, the placement of the cell phone in one hand, and the flexing of the other arm. As far as douche bag pictures go, it's probably the best I've seen. So I respond.

"What's up with the profile pic?"

"Like?"

"Not really." But the thing with online chatting is, he didn't get to hear the tone of disgust in my voice. But I guess it was enough because he stopped talking to me.

So then, I started to feel guilty for being so mean. Maybe he saw my profile and thought that we were compatible. So I decide to look at his profile. First off, it said that we are a 0% match. That's ok. I'm sure these dating sites don't always get that stuff right. So I decided to compare our self summaries and interests....

My self summary: I am an actor with a focus in improv and comedy. I enjoy baking, water skiing...etc

ShirtlessGuy1 self summary: I am looking for a good time. Any girls in the NYC area looking for the same

Ok, I like fun. But probably not the type he's talking about...

What I'm doing with my life: Dog walking to pay rent, comedy and break dancing by night..etc

ShirtlessGuy1 what he's doing with his life: FunFunFunFunFun

My favorite books: At the moment I'm reading a lot of trashy friendship novels. Think the movie "Beaches" in novel form

ShirtlessGuy1's favorite books: FunFunFunFunFun

You get the idea...

What I'm looking for: New friends, long term dating, short term dating, activity partners, long distance pen pals

ShirtlessGuy1 is looking for: New friends

Now, based on his profile, I don't think that is completely accurate. There is a "Casual sex" category, he could have put that. I would have even accepted "Activity partners". That seems more appropriate than "New Friends" Well, I wish ShirtlessGuy1 all the best. I hope he finds what he's looking for.

No comments:

Post a Comment